Murrieta Attorney Handling Complex Visitation Matters
Westover Law Group understands parents’ needs. Having dependable and honest legal guidance can help make sense of the legal process of asserting your rights to visitation. If you need assistance with a visitation proceeding, our Murrieta family lawyers are here to help.
We understand that these matters can be a frustrating challenge. You do not have to go through it alone. We urge you to contact us right away for professional legal guidance on your visitation rights.
How Does The Court Handle Visitation?
At the end of a relationship or a divorce, many parents will need a legal advocate to assist with establishing custody and protecting their right to visitation. California courts will always strive to maintain the family unit and allow the child to remain in full contact with both parents if it is in the child’s best interests.
Here are some of the considerations a judge will take into account:
- The child’s wishes and personal preferences
- The child’s relationship to each parent
- The child’s current school and relationship with the community
- The parent’s living situation
- The parent’s current lifestyle
- The parent’s finances and earning capacity
- The parent’s mental and emotional state
- The parent’s ability to provide a loving, nurturing environment
- If there is evidence of alcohol or substance abuse
- If one or another parent has committed domestic violence
- If one or another parent engages in criminal activity
The next decisions to make regarding custody and visitation rights will be critical, especially in the midst of a divorce. Having an experienced family law attorney to work closely with you and be your advocate can help you achieve a favorable outcome.
Your Children’s Needs Are Our Priority
Westover Law Group is proud to help families work through complex custody issues, including visitation. We recognize the importance of maintaining an active presence in your child’s life and nothing should jeopardize this. We are not afraid to take your case to trial if that is the best way to protect your child’s best interests.
Do not hesitate to contact us as soon as possible if you have any questions. Call 951-894-8440 and get our legal team on your case today.