In the years following a divorce, ex-spouses often come to the realization that the child support agreements they once settled on at the time of the divorce are no longer applicable to their current situation. In these cases, the law will allow you to file a petition and modify your child support order.

You should not file for modifications to child support without the trusted legal guidance of Westover Law Group. Our team is well versed in these matters and has handled countless modification matters. We have the skill and insight to determine the best way to secure a favorable outcome in your case.

All of our calls are answered 24/7. Call 951-894-8440 to learn how Westover Law Group can help. You can also contact us via email with a brief description of your situation.

‘Changed Circumstances’ For Child Custody In California

In California, child support modifications can be made if the party requesting the change can show a “change in circumstances.” If you anticipate any changes that would impact your current arrangement, you will need to notify the court in order to make the proper modifications.

Examples of “changes in circumstances” that would call for a modification include:

  • A change in income
  • The incarceration of one parent
  • If one parent lost his/her job
  • The child’s needs have changed

Get Started With Us Today | Contact A Child Custody Lawyer

Making modifications to child custody is not the same as an appeal — the modification process allows you to present any new changes or evidence before a judge, and to prove that your current situation warrants making a modification. Our Murrieta family law attorneys have experience handling every family law and divorce issue in Southern California, and founding attorney Andrew L. Westover is a Certified Family Law Specialist, certified by the California Board of Legal Specialization. When you come to our firm, you can trust that you will receive the unparalleled service you need and deserve.

We’re ready to hear from you. Contact us today to begin discussing your legal options.


To A Brighter Future