If you are contemplating divorce and you and your spouse both hope to finalize it in a way that is efficient and will save you money, mediation may be the option for you. For couples who are ending their marriage on good terms and wish to keep things amicable, mediation offers more control over the process and allows spouses to address their divorce issues on their own terms, rather than going to court to let a judge decide.
To speak confidentially about your goals and options, contact us in Murrieta today. We advise and represent clients throughout Southern California.
What Does Mediation Entail?
Mediation is one of the most commonly used methods of negotiating through a divorce. Although mediation may not be for everyone, it can be a very effective, low-conflict way of resolving differences between spouses, particularly with the help of an experienced family law attorney.
The mediation process involves the following:
- Initial phone call: You and your mediator will discuss the background details of your marriage.
- First meeting: This is where you will be given a realistic expectation of what the process will entail.
- Making a statement: You and your spouse will be given the chance to make a formal statement.
- Negotiating an agreement: Your mediator will assist in brainstorming options for a favorable solution.
- Completing the agreement: Once a solution is reached, it is included in your final divorce judgment.
Get Advice From A Certified Family Law Specialist
Westover Law Group is led by attorney Andrew L. Westover, a Certified Family Law Specialist who has been certified by the California Board of Legal Specialization. This honorable distinction sets him apart from other legal professionals in the area. With his set of skills and expertise, attorney Westover helps to ensure that his clients are in an optimal position for negotiation and mediation of family law issues.
Contact Westover Law Group Today
Our passion for helping clients through difficult family law matters is unparalleled. When you come to our firm, you will see firsthand the dedication and focus we put into each case to ensure that you are not shortchanged during the process. If you are considering going through mediation, we invite you to put us on your side today.
For a free consultation, call 951-894-8440 or contact us online. We can help.