Westover Law Group
Put A Fearless Legal Advocate On Your Side
Call Us For A Free Consultation:951-290-3268

Child Support Archives

What Happens When a Noncustodial Parent Fails to Pay Child Support?

Just because a noncustodial parent has been ordered by the court to pay child support doesn't necessarily mean they will adhere to the court order. According to several studies, fewer than 50 percent of the children who are owed child support money regularly receive full payments.

Can I Modify a Child Support Order?

Child support is intended to help offset the expenses of caring for a child for the custodial parent. Typically, the non-custodial parent will be ordered to pay some amount of child support, based on their wages, earning ability, and the number of children included in the support order. Circumstances can change, however, and what once was a reasonable payment amount may no longer fit your situation. There are certain changes of circumstance that may be eligible for modification of child support orders. 

  • Avvo Rating 10.0 superb | Top Attorney Family Law
  • Avvo Clients' Choice 2013|  Family Law
  • OCBA | Orange Country Bar Associations
  • United States Court Of Appeals | Ninth Circuit
  • State Bar Of California
  • Federal Bar Association
  • AV Preeminent For Ethical Standards and Legal Ability 2014
  • AV Preeminent For Ethical Standards and Legal Ability 2018
  • State Bar Of California | California Board Of Legal Specialization
Email Us For A Response

Start Building Your Path To A Brighter Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

24640 Jefferson Ave Suite 204
Murrieta, CA 92562

Phone: 951-290-3268
Fax: 951-894-8441
Murrieta Law Office Map

Firm Location
Review Us